Welcome to the first episode of the Movers&Shakers Podcast! Movers & Shakers is an interview show where you’ll learn from, you guessed it, people who are moving and shaking in business, sports, entertainment, politics, etc.
In this episode, we introduce you to Jason SurfrApp. Jason is an extremely creative entrepreneur & social media expert who invented ways to sell the shirt off his back, and even his last name.
In this episode here’s what we’ll cover:
- How Jason came up with the idea for IWearYourShirt
- Details on his incredibly creative pricing model
- How he sold his last name for $50,000 to SurfApp
- How to deal with negative feedback
- Tips on selling products before you have a following
- Thoughts on the future of marketing and social media
- And much more!
Advice From Jason
- Focus more, do less.
- “Don’t follow your passion, follow your effort” – via Mark Cuban
- There’s no such thing as an overnight success.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- IWearYourShirt.com - Jason, and other shirt wearers, wore a different sponsor’s shirt every day
- BuyMyLastName.com - Jason sold his last name for 2013 and 2014
- SponsorMyBook.com - Jason is offering sponsorships on the pages and covers of his first book
- Jason on Twitter
- Jason on Facebook
- Twitter Search
- Crush it by Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Lean Startup by Eric Reis
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show in iTunes so that you never miss another inspiring interview!