Have you ever dreamed of seeing yourself on the big screen, and the fame and fortune that might come along with it? It may seem like an impossible task to get noticed or “discovered” in tinsel town, but as it turns out, the fundamentals of success in entertainment aren’t that different from those in business.
In this episode, you’ll get to hear from star actor Lamman Rucker, a Pittsburgh native, who is perhaps best known for his role as Jill Scott’s love interest in the hit movies Why Did I Get Married and Why Did I get Married Too.
He was gracious enough to share with us the experiences that took him from the inner city to the big stage as a star in major film and television projects.
In this episode here’s what we’ll cover:
- What it takes to make it to Hollywood
- How to have longevity in in the entertainment business
- How to navigate the business aspects of the industry
- How education helped him become a star
- Why giving back is so important
- And much more!
Advice From Lamman
- His C.O.R.E. principles for success
- Be patient, it takes time to become an overnight success
- Start small, think big
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Lamman on Twitter
- Lamman on Instagram
- Movie: Black Coffee
- Why Did I Get Married
- Why Did I Get Married Too
Bonus: Here’s a pic of an opportunity I had to catch up with Lamman when we both appeared on a news show in Pittsburgh
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show in iTunes so that you never miss another inspiring interview!