Podcast: Play in new window | Download
There seems to be this notion out there that there are two distinct types of people; those that are book smart, and those that are great at hustling and in business.
But there’s a fatal flaw in that notion. There are may people who have been successful in academia and also successful in the business world.
In this episode I’d like you to meet one of those people, Dr. Randal Pinkett.
Dr. Pinkett is not someone that you want to try to match accolades with at a cocktail party. He has five academic degrees in addition to being a Rhodes Scholar. He is also the winner of season 4 of Donald Trump’s reality show, The Apprentice. If that wasn’t enough, his newest venture, BCT Partners, recently signed a multi Billion dollar contract to provide information technology consulting to the Department of Health and Human Services.
In this episode of Movers & Shakers here’s what we’ll cover:
- His very first business venture and why his mom shut it down
- How his mentality changed from wanting to be and employee to being an employer
- Why its important to first have the right people on your team
- Where to focus your efforts if you desire to have maximum success in business
- The simple strategy that helped him win the apprentice
- How he landed a billion dollar deal with the US government
- And much more!
Check out Randal’s Highlights from the Apprentice
Advice from Dr. Randal Pinkett
- Don’t conform your team to the strategy. Conform your strategy to the team. First you must get the right people on the bus.
- There’s a fine line between faith and foolishness. Don’t quit as long as your making visible progress. If you’re not, pivot.
- Focus on your unique proposition to your business. Everything else can be done better by someone else.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Randall’s website
- Randall on Twitter
- Randal on Facebook
- Randal’s books *affiliate links
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show in iTunes so that you never miss another inspiring interview!
Enjoyed this episode? Click here to get more interviews like this directly to your inbox