Podcast: Play in new window | Download
No matter how successful you are, I’m sure that, from time to time, you have some of “those days.” You know the days that I’m talking about. The days when you might question yourself more than usual. The days when things are going as well for you as they normally do. We all face ups and downs along the way and it can be difficult to stay motivated under those circumstances.
If you’ve ever dealt with this type of challenges, then you need to meet Eric Thomas, a.k.a. ET The Hip Hop Preacher. Eric’s notoriety skyrocketed when a speech he gave to a group of students went viral. If you haven’t seen it, you need to watch the video below so that you’ll be properly prepared for the interview.
In this episode, we’ll talk with ET about how he overcame tremendous obstacles (including homelessness, and dropping out of high school) to become a highly sought after motivational speaker, author, voice over artist and entrepreneur.
If you feel like you have things you need to over come in life, or you want to build a platform to help others do so, you’ll love this episode.
In this episode of Movers & Shakers here’s what we’ll cover:
- The life experiences that led him to become a homeless high school dropout
- How his then girlfriend, now wife of 23 years helped him get on track
- How he stuck with school even though it took him 12 years to obtain his bachelors degree
- How changing his friends changed his life
- How his video went viral and launched his speaking career
- And of course more of his “Secrets to Succsss”
- And much more!
Advice From ET the Hip Hop Preacher
- Get a new group. Surround yourself with people that will elevate you, not bring you down. Start an accountability group or a personal board of directors.
- When You Want To Succeed As Bad As You Want to Breathe, That’s When You’ll Be Successful
- Start with WHY. Focus on why you do what you do, instead of what you hope to gain from it.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Eric’s Website
- ET on Twitter
- ET on Facebook
- Et’s show “TGIM” on Youtube
- ET’s book, “The Secret to Success” on Amazon *affiliate link
- “Think and Grow Rich, a Black Choice”, Dennis Kimbro on Amazon *affiliate link
Here’s the quote that started it all!
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the show in iTunes so that you never miss another inspiring interview!
Enjoyed this episode? Click here to get more interviews like this directly to your inbox